Sunday 7 June 2015

Anything silver is from the future!

This is the length I originally cut the pipe...
 

But with these on the end it was too long, and Constable Doppler may have had something to say about how far out they stuck...

So I had to cut them down a tad...
Only a small difference ;)

Welding it on at the right angle was 'fun'... and the small piece of very hot metal that went into my glove was even more 'fun'!

But I think I managed to get both sides to match... and if they don't then it's just hard cheddar! :P

Then it was time to wrap it up (I'm available for present wrapping, reasonable rates)

And the piece of resistance... painted it silver with some of that lovely high temperature paint from Frost :)

It looks a lot chunkier and meaner than it used to, I like it! I just hope it sounds good, but I can't find that out as I can't start the engine yet... due to someone cutting the wiring loom ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment