Saturday 23 May 2015

A brief detour...

I decided to do something totally not involved with the structural integrity of the car today!

The interior used to be black and furry (but I've ripped it all out now). When I did the interior I removed the vinyl dash (it was in a terrible state) and covered the metal with fur too...

Where the speaker grills were I made some crappy panels to hold various switches... it didn't matter how bad they looked as they were covered in black fur (the panels, not the switches)
See a panel in it's full magnificence!
I had some chequer (or is it checker?) plate left from when I panelled the rear quarter windows so I decided to make some new panels... and a glovebox lid!

I just have to find something better to fasten them on with, and make some holes for the switches...

I will be painting the panels black to contrast against the RED fur interior I'll be doing :)

I made a cockerel-up with the glovebox lid though and drilled the hinge holes in the wrong places!


Yes I did say I'd panelled the rear quarter windows :P

No comments:

Post a Comment