Tuesday 26 May 2015

Journey with me, back through the mists of time...

2003, an unsuspecting orange Beetle was purchased :)

As shiny as a shiny thing that's very shiny indeed!
Though orange really isn't my colour she seemed like a good purchase at the time, solid (or so I thought), 1600 engine, a GT (but I discovered later that the box had been swapped out!), adjustable front beam, disc brakes, zoom tube (which stayed on about a week, just long enough for me to change it for a different exhaust), and drove well...


By 2010 she was looking a bit the worse for wear :(

Used daily to get to and from a crap job that didn't pay enough for me to fix her up properly, or give me the time to do it as I needed transport (45 minute journey from home to work by car, 3 hours on 2 buses!!!), so I was just doing the bare necessities (plugs, pads, etc)
But I still hadn't found the nasty surprises waiting for me, that would be another 5 years later...

No comments:

Post a Comment